Xiaomi has announced their latest budget Android smartphone the Redmi 5 in India. The phone sports a full-screen display Redmi 5 was launched last year in December in China. The company had launched its slightly higher priced smartphone Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro exactly a month back in India.
Redmi 5 price in India, launch offers
The Redmi 5 price in India starts at Rs. 7,999 for 2GB RAM variant and goes up to Rs. 10,999 for the top end model for 4GB RAM variant. A 3GB RAM variant is priced at Rs. 8,999. The phone will be an Amazon exclusive and will also retail at Xiaomi’s Mi Homes and Mi.com portal. Unfortunately, like all other Xiaomi devices, Redmi 5 will retail through a Flash Sale on 20th March and will subsequently available via other partners.
|RAM||Storage||Redmi 5 price in India|
The Redmi 5 launch offers include instant cashback, additional data and additional discount in price on SBI Credit cards. The offers are as below :
- Rs. 2,200/- instant cash back + 100GB additional data with Reliance Jio
- 5% instant discount* on SBI credit cards
- 90% off on Kindle eBooks
Redmi 5 specifications
Redmi 5 comes packs a 5.7″ HD+ display with 18:9 aspect ratio and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 processor. It runs on MIUI 9 on top of Android 7 Nougat and comes with a 12-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with selfie flash.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 specifications
- 14.5cm (5.7) HD+ 18:9 Full screen display
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 Octa-core processor, with 14nm FINFET Technology
- 12MP rear camera with large 1.25μm pixels; a 5MP front camera with LED Selfie-light
- 3300mAh battery
- Variants: 2GB RAM + 16GB storage/3GB RAM + 32GB/4GB RAM + 64GB storage
- Colors: Gold, Black, Rose Gold and Lake Blue
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
While Xiaomi devices are really good in terms of specifications and pricing, availability remains a major issue. The company has been receiving a lot of negative feedback due to black marketing of devices because of flash sales. However, the company claims that it is making necessary improvements in the process to eliminate such issues. Do let us know if you’re looking to buy Redmi 5 and are you happy with flash sale process?