Chinese smartphone company Xiaomi has announced the launch of a new smartphone series with Redmi Y1 and Redmi Y1 Lite. Xiaomi also unveiled the global variant of MIUI 9. Check out the list of phones getting MIUI 9.
The Redmi Y is a budget centric series with selfie centric smartphones. Alongside the new series of phones, Xiaomi also unveiled the global version of MIUI 9, the latest upgrade to its popular Android-based operating system, which includes new features designed for India.
Redmi Y1 is paired with a 16 MP front facing camera for better selfies in challenging conditions. Redmi Y1 features a 5.5 inch HD display with Corning Gorilla Glass, 13 MP f/2.0 rear camera, as well as a 3080mAh battery.
At its core, Redmi Y1 features an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 435, along with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of on-board storage. Along with this, another variant with 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage will also be available.
Redmi Y1 has a triple card slot, which boasts a dedicated microSD card slot, as well as Dual-SIM (nano+nano) capabilities. At the back is a fingerprint sensor, for added security.
Redmi Y1 is priced at INR 8999 for the 3GB RAM 32GB storage variant, and INR 10,999 for the 4GB 64GB variant.
Redmi Y1 Specifications
- 5-inch 1280 × 720 resolution (HD) display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 16MP front camera with Selfie-light (flash), f/2.0 aperture
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture,PDAF for fast focusing
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 435 (Octa-core, max 1.4GHz)
- 3GB RAM + 32GB internal storage / 4GB + 64GB internal storage
- Dual SIM + dedicated microSD card slot
- 3080mAh high-capacity battery
- Rear fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 153 × 76.2 × 7.65mm