Xiaomi has today launched Redmi 4 in India. This budget smartphone succeeds the highly successful Redmi 3S. The company also introduced its first smart router in India, Mi Router 3C.
The Redmi 4 comes with a 5-inch HD 2.5D curved glass display a perfect size for a budget smartphone. It comes with a 1.4 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 processor and has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel selfie camera.
The Redmi 4 comes with a fingerprint sensor located at the back and has 4G, VoLTE, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB OTG and GPS as major connectivity options. It comes with a 41000 mAH battery pack. The Redmi 4 comes in 3 variants based on storage. The 2GB RAM+16GB ROM variant of Redmi 4 will be available for Rs 6,999, while 3GB RAM+32GB ROM is priced at Rs. 8,999 and 4GB RAM+64GB ROM will cost Rs. 10,999.
Xiaomi Redmi 4 specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D curved glass display, 450nit brightness, 1000: 1 contrast ratio, 72% NTSC color gamut
- 1.4GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage, 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens, PDAF, LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 139.24 x 69.96 x8.65 mm; Weight: 150g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 4100mAh battery
The Redmi 4 comes in 2 color variants namely Gorgeous Black and Elegant gold and will be will be available from 23rd May, 12 noon on Mi.com and Amazon.in. You can also get the phone from Mi Home in Bengaluru from May 20th.