Xiaomi has today introduced its entry-level budget Android Smartphone the Redmi 5A in India. The company is marketing it as ‘Desh ka Smartphone’ and the company boasts that this phone offers ‘8-day battery life’ i.e. standby time. The Redmi 5A was first launched in China in October 2017 and is a successor to the Redmi 4A smartphones.
The 5A comes with a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor, 5-inch HD Display and runs on MIUI 9 based on Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box.
On the optics part, the 5A comes with a 13-megapixel rear camera with F/2.2, PDAF, LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. The phone supports dual sim and also a dedicated SD card slot that supports memory expansion up to 128GB.
The company says that all the 5A will be made in India. The phone is slightly different to the Chinese variant. The 5A also comes with an IR remote control, a 3000mAh built-in battery.
Xiaomi Redmi 5A specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- 1.4GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 processor with 500MHz Adreno 308 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB internal storage, 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Infrared sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 3000mAh battery
Xiaomi Redmi 5A price in India
The Redmi 5A price in India starts at Rs. 4999 for 2GB RAM with 16GB storage version. This price is valid for the first five million units, a post which it will be Rs. 5,999. The 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version costs Rs. 6,999. It will be available exclusively on Flipkart as well as Mi.com online and Mi Home Stores and partner stores starting from December 7th.
Stay tuned, we will definitely keep you updated with our opinions and Redmi 5A reviews along with the reasons to buy Redmi 5A, in case its good to buy or reasons to not to buy Xiaomi Redmi 5A, if we feel so.