In case you’ve recently switched from an Android to an iPhone or recently bought an iPhone than the first thing you would want to do apart from getting a rugged case for your iPhone, is to check how to move your photos, contacts, and more from Android to iPhone.
Moving all your data from your old Android device to iOS is easy with Move to iOS app. This application from Apple easily pairs your Android and Apple devices together through a direct Wi-Fi connection and transfers over all your data in a jiffy.
This app, however, can easily transfer contacts, data to iPhone from Android, however, it would not move the applications due to compatibility issues, music files or passwords stored on your old device.
Another thing you need to remember is that you can only transfer data from Android Phone or Tablet to an iPhone or iPad running iOS 9 or higher.
How to move your data from Android to iPhone or iPad with Move to iOS
- 1 How to move your data from Android to iPhone or iPad with Move to iOS
Steps to follow:
- No matter if your setting up a new iPhone, iPad or switching from another device, everything starts off the same way. Set up your device till you reach the screen named “Apps & Data.”
- Tap “Move Data from Android” option.
- Download “Move to iOS” app on your Android phone or tablet, from the Google Play Store
- Open the Move to iOS app listing and install it on your android phone
- Once installed, launch the app
- Tap Agree and then Next on the Android phone or tablet.
- On your Android device, enter the 10-digit code displayed on the iPhone or iPad.
Once you’ve entered the code, your Android device will pair with the iPhone or iPad over a direct wifi connection. It will automatically assess the data that can be transferred to the iOS device.
The app then will ask you if you intend to transfer your Google Account info as well. You need top log into your Google account on the iPhone incase you agree to. Next, the Chrome bookmarks, text messages, contacts, photos and videos all that can be transferred would be moved.
You can Continue Setting Up iPhone or Continue Setting Up iPad once the transfer process is complete. You will be asked to log into the accounts that have just been transferred from Android. Once done you’re all set to enjoy your device.
When you’re ready with your phone, you may want to install a few apps. Here are a few apps that you must install on a new iPhone.
iPhone images credit : iMore