Microsoft has unveiled an all new all-in-one PC Surface Studio. It comes with a 28-inch PixelSense display, which according to Microsoft is the thinnest display ever built. This Apple iMac competitor is a sleek, stylish device that will be compatible for the next Microsoft Windows release, called the Creators Update.
The Surface Studio is built for creatives and packs really impressive specifications. It sports a 32GB of DDR4 RAM, an Intel i7 CPU, and a 2TB hybrid storage drive. The Surface Studio can fold down to become a nearly flat surface for drawing, typing, drafting, and other tasks thanks to its “zero-gravity hinge.”
“Surface has always been about more, It was never as simple as a desktop, Pro was more than a tablet, Book was so much more than a laptop. Why would Studio be different?” said Corporate VP of Devices at Microsoft Panos Panay.
Surface Studio will also include a mic array, and HD camera and Windows Hello support. A mouse like wheel called “Surface Dial” will also be there to help graphic designers and those using a pen.
Microsoft Surface Studio specifications
- 28-inch (4500 x 3000 pixels) PixelSense multi-touch 3:2 Display
- Quad-core 6th Gen Intel Core i5 or i7 processor
- 8GB/16GB/32GB RAM; 1TB/2TB rapid hybrid drive options
- 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M GDDR5 / 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M GPU GDDR5 GPU
- 5MP front-facing camera with 1080p HD video
- Surface Pen, Zero Gravity Hinge, TPM chip for enterprise security
- 3.5mm headset jack, Stereo 2.1 speakers with Dolby Audio Premium, Dual microphones
- 4 x USB 3.0 ports, Full-size SD card reader (SDXC compatible), Mini Displayport
- Wi-Fi: 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.0, Xbox Wireless built-in
There are 3 configurations of Surface studio according to Microsoft’s Store. First one is the 1TB/Intel Core i5/8GBRAM version priced at $2,999. The 2TB Core i7 version with 32GB of RAM is priced at $4,199 and the 1TB Intel Core i7 version with 16GB of RAM will be sold for $3,499. All 3 would be available from December 15.
Source : TechCrunch