Xiaomi has announced the Stable Global MIUI 8 ROM release date. You can update your devices once the update is released by Xiaomi. Please check below for the tutorial on how to upgrade to MIUI 8.
Devices eligible for Ugrade:
Redmi 1S, Redmi 2, Redmi 2 Prime, Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm, Redmi Note 3 Special Edition, Redmi Note 2, Redmi Note 3G, Redmi Note 4G, Redmi Note Prime, Redmi 3, Redmi 3S/Prime, Mi 2/2S, Mi 3, Mi 4, Mi 4i, Mi 5, Mi Note, Mi Max 32GB.
How to Upgrade to MIUI 8
Currently Xiaomi has just rolled out MIUI 8 Global Developer ROM, thus if you want to try out MIUI 8 it’s necessary for you to flash to MIUI 8 Global Developer ROM. MIUI 8 Stable ROM will only receive update on 16th August
Method 1: System Update
Current users will get MIUI 8 OTA update notifications on their phones. Or you can click ‘Updater’ app to check for updates. Don’t forget to backup data before upgrading.
Method 2: Recovery Method
- Due to the differences in Recovery interface, this method is not applicable to some Redmi MTK devices and devices with locked bootloader.
- Make sure you’re running on latest MIUI Stable Global ROM before using this method update your Device
Mi Phones with Mi 2.0.1 recovery
1) Download the relevant MIUI 8 Recovery ROM file. Rename the downloaded ROM file to ‘update.zip’ on your computer.
2) Connect your device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable, and copy the ROM file downloaded and renamed in Step 1 into the root directory of the internal storage of your device. (Do not put it in any folder)
3) Enter the Recovery mode of your device. There are 2 methods to do it as follows:
Method 1: Launch ‘Updater’ app on your device, click the ‘…’ icon at the top-right corner, and select ‘Reboot to Recovery mode’ to enter.
Method 2: You can also turn off your device and then hold both Volume+ button and Power button at the same time to enter Recovery mode.
4) In Recovery mode, you can use Volume +/- to select up/down, and Power button to confirm. After entering Recovery mode, choose the language you use, select ‘Install update.zip to System One’ and confirm, and then your device will begin updating automatically. Wait until the update is completed, choose ‘Reboot to System One’, and then your device should boot to the new version.
Mi Phones with New Mi recovery interface
1)Download the relevant MIUI 8 R