Huawei’s sub-brand Honor today launched the Honor 8 Pro in India. The phone was launched in China in the month of April and comes with dual 12-megapixel rear camera setup and 6 GB RAM.
The Honor 8 Pro boasts some serious specification for the price range it has been introduced. The phone comes with a 5.7-inch Quad HD 2.5D curved glass display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels. Huawei’s own Kirin 960-octa core processor powers the Honor 8 Pro and it comes with 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage, further expandable with the help of a micro-sd card.
The phone runs on Android 7.0 Nougat-based EMUI 5.1 out-of-the-box and is powered by a 4000 mAH battery with fast charging support. The company claims that the battery on Honor 8 Pro can deliver up to 1.5 to 2 days depending on the usage.
Highlights of the Honor 8 Pro is its dual camera setup on the back. It comes with two 12-megapixel sensors one with monochrome and other with a color sensor with f/2.2 aperture, laser autofocus, LED flash, and 4K video recording. There is an 8- megapixel front camera for selfies present as well. The Honor 8 Pro comes with inbuilt VR apps and the retail box converts into a VR box as well. The company has tied up with Gameloft, GoPro, Jaunt VR and Deep Silver Fishlabs to enrich digital lifestyles through enhanced smartphone experiences.
P Sanjeev, Vice President Sales, Huawei India-Consumer Business Group, said, “Honor is committed to scale new heights of product innovation and customer centricity through its products. We are focused on embedding powerful features in our devices at an affordable price to accommodate consumers’ lifestyle. With the Honor 8 Pro, we set out to push the boundaries on all fronts. The Honor 8 Pro offers market-leading specifications by pushing the boundary of smartphone design, providing 2K display, extra-long battery life, dual camera setup and delivering powerful performance to ensure best experiences across the scenarios that today’s smartphone users care most about. Honor can do this like no other due to its unique e-commerce business model and world-class R&D capabilities.
Honor 8 Pro Specifications
- 5.7-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Kirin 960 processor with Mali G71 Octa-core GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with Emotion UI 5.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano SIM + Nano SIM / microSD)
- 12MP (Monochrome) + 12MP (RGB) Dual rear cameras, dual-tone LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 4k video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 157 x 77.50 x 6.97mm; Weight: 184g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
Buy Honor 8 Pro
The Honor 8 Pro will be pose serious competition to the likes of recently launched OnePlus 5 that has been facing a lot of criticism lately. The Honor 8 exclusively available to Prime members on Prime Day starting 6 PM on July 10th on Amazon.in priced at INR 29,999 for the 6+128GB storage variant and will be available in Midnight Black and Navy Blue color options