As shared last week, Xiaomi has launched the successor of its last year’s Mi Max phablet. The Mi Max 2 carries the same size but comes with upgraded hardware specifications. It was unveiled in China earlier in May and now has made way to India.
The Mi Max 2 is not only big on display but also has a large 5,300 mAH battery to power the 6.44-inch HD display. It is powered by a Snapdragon 625 chipset along with a 4 GB of RAM. The Mi Max 2 comes with 64 GB of internal storage. Xiaomi strangely has chosen not to launch the 128 GB variant in India.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Specifications
- 6.44-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB expandable memory with microSD
- MIUI 8 based on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro+nano/microSD)
- 12MP Sony IMX386 rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, stereo speakers, Fingerprint sensor, infrared sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4 / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5300mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
This is the first Xiaomi device that will be available both made available across both online and offline channels starting July 27th. This highlights the importance of offline sales for a brand like Xiaomi which has relied on online ‘flash’ sales till now. The company is also launching a new sub-brand called Lanmi that will cater to offline market segment only.
Mi Max 2 Price, Launch Offers, and Availability
Mi Max 2 will go on sale via from 10 am IST on Amazon, Flipkart, Paytm Mall, and Tata Cliq. It will available in a Matte Black color variant and is priced at Rs. 16,999. Launch offers include a Reliance Jio data bundle of up to an additional 100GB 4G data. Users will get up to 10GB additional data on every recharge of Rs. 309 or above, limited to 10 recharges up to May 31, 2018.
Stay updated with the latest Tech News
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.