After a series of leaks and reveals, Xioami has today launched the much talked about Mi 5X in China. Like the Mi 6, the Mi 5X comes with a dual rear camera setup with a standard 12MP sensor paired with a secondary 12MP telephoto lens.
The Xiaomi Mi 5X features a 5.5-inches full-HD 2.5D curved glass display and an Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 processor. It houses 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage expandable up to 256GB via a Micro-SD card. The Mi 5X comes in a metal unibody design and runs on MIUI 8 based on Android 7.1 and will be getting the latest MIUI 9 very soon.
Interestingly, the Mi 5X does not feature any physical home buttons, instead comes with capacitive keys on the front and the fingerprint sensor is located at the rear side of the device. The Mi 5X sports a 5 MP front camera for selfies and is powered by a 3,080mAh non-removable battery. The Mi 5X will be available in three color options — black, gold, and pink. The phone will go up for sale in China from August 1 for just $220 (¥1,499), nearly half the cost of the Mi 6.
Xiaomi Mi 5X specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625, Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- MIUI 8 based on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), upgradable to MIUI 9
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with wide-angle lens, dual-tone LED flash, secondary 12MP camera with telephoto lens
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, dedicated amplifier
- 3080mAh battery
Overall in terms of design, the Mi 5X looks quite similar to the Oppo R11 or the OnePlus 5. Since the smartphone features almost same specification as Mi 6 apart from the processor, however, at half the price tag, it is most likely to launch in India as well pretty soon.
Stay updated with the latest Tech News
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.